Heritage and Science Park is in downtown Phoenix. It is often referred to as Heritage Square. It is the location of the Arizona Science Center, Historic Heritage Square, the Phoenix Museum of History, and several restaurants. It is within walking distance from Chase Field, US Airways center, the Phoenix Convention Center, and other downtown businesses and attractions. The entrance to the parking garage is on on the south side of Monroe Street at 5th Street (southeast corner). Several festivals are held at Historic Heritage Square each year.
115 N. Sixth Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Directions to Heritage and Science Park
From the Southeast: Take 1-10 west to the Washington exit. Turn left (west) on Washington to 5th Street. Turn right (north) on 5th Street. Turn left (west) on Monroe St. to access parking lot.
From the West: Take I-10 east to the 7th Street exit. Turn right (south) to Monroe Street. Right (west) to 5th Street garage.
From the Northwest: Take I-17 south to I-10 east to the 7th Street exit. Turn right (south) to Monroe. Right (west) on Monroe.
From the Northeast Valley: Take State Route 51 (SR51) to I-10 east. Exit at Washington Street and turn right (west). Continue to 5th Street and turn right.
From Scottsdale or East Mesa: Take Loop 202 west to I-10. Exit 7th Street and turn left. Head south on 7th Street to Monroe. Turn right (west) on Monroe Street.
By METRO Light Rail: Use the 3rd Street/Washington or 3rd Street/Jefferson station. This is a split station, so which station depends on which direction you are going. Here is a map of the METRO light rail stations.
Parking in Heritage Garage
Heritage Garage is located at 5th and Monroe streets. Validation for reduced parking is available for paying customers of the park’s museums and restaurants. Reduced validated parking rate: 0-1 hours: $0, 1-2 hours $1; 2-3 hours $3; 3-4 hours $5, 4+ hours $8. NOTE: Garage parking rates for special events and private rentals are $12 per car (no validation available and no in/out privileges. Parking rates are subject to change without notice. The Heritage and Science Park Garage is operated by a private contracted vendor, which can be reached at 602-253-4330.
We encourage our guests to take advantage of the convenient public transportation available close to the park.
Public Transportation: Valley Metro bus routes 1, 3, 7, 12 all stop just around the corner at Van Buren and 7th Street. Metro Light Rail stops within walking distance at 3rd Street and Washington (north/west bound) and 3rd Street and Jefferson (south/east bound). If you have questions or need further information, call the city’s Parks and Recreation Department office at Historic Heritage Square, (602) 262-5071. People with hearing impairments may call TDD at (602) 262-6713.
- Regency Garage – 40 N. 2nd St. – This garage is located directly across Second Street from the West Building between Washington and Adams streets.
- East Garage – 601 E. Washington St. – This above ground parking structure is the largest in the area and is located directly east of the South Building and southeast of the North Building. Entrances are available off of Washington (one-way westbound) and Jefferson (one-way eastbound) streets.
- Heritage Garage – 123 N. 5th St. – This garage is located next to Heritage Square and the Phoenix Museum of History, just east of the North Building. Enter this garage from Fifth or Monroe streets.
- West Garage – 185 N. 2nd St. – Enter the underground parking in the West Building of the Phoenix Convention Center off of Second Street, just south of Monroe Street. It is directly across Second Street from the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
- North Garage – 475 E. Monroe St. – This garage is located below the North Building. Enter this garage from Monroe Street, just west of Fifth Street.